Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Interview with Cali from R&B group Bliss

Cali From Bliss



So……Let’s Talk Music


Q: What’s the first song you ever memorized?

CALI: Ok, wow, you really went back with that one! The first song I ever memorized was “Shoop” by Salt n Peppa… word for word including ad libs.

Q: When did you fall in love with music?

CALI: Well, I sang in church from the young age of four, but the first time I heard Brandy “I Wanna Be Down”, THAT, was when I fell in love with music.

Q: Do you think this music business will get better in 2010?

CALI: Hmmm, it’s kinda hard to say, I will say yes though. I feel like people are starting to get back to REAL music. Instruments, harmonies, lyrics with meaning, this will change the direction in which the artists and labels direct projects, therefore targeting more of the general population, not just certain groups. This along with the advances in technology that make music more attainable to the public will make music business better in 2010.

Q: What is the most important part of working with a group?

CALI: As an artist I feel it is important to be able to hold a stage alone, but, being in a group to me makes everything more rewarding to me. I am able to share all of the good and bad experiences with my sisters! We have a support system, and anytime one person needs help or falls short the other two are right there to help u up… only in a group!!

Q: Being from Cali the Sunshine state it’s obligated that you name four Tupac song?

CALI: Are u serious?!! U should’ve asked for ten! “Dear Mama” “I Get Around” “Hail Mary” and my ultimate fav “Hit Em Up!”

Q: Musically in your opinion who has the game on lock right now?

CALI: As far as the hip-hop scene Young Money has the game on lock in every way, They have something for every listener, every age rage, male or female with a living legend backing them, what more could u ask for in one album?

Q: Where do you see Bliss 5 years from now?

CALI: In 5 years hopefully you will see BLISS everywhere! Emmy’s, Grammy’s, T.V. , clothing lines, perfumes, Any way you can make, money while marketing ourselves, we will get it! We are 3 Females, together, with After Hours Enterprises, building one strong Empire.

Follow her on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Cali_frombliss
and keep your eyes and ears open for Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment