Saturday, May 8, 2010

Interview With YS (Yesir)



In 2002 Shawn Henderson aka Y.S. Yesir was one of the main artists of the former group Da Hoodfellaz, with a hit cd “From Grindin’ to Shinin” with former members Johnny Cash and Pete Erruption. The album featured the legendary group “Mob Figaz” with members like the Jacka, Fed-X, and the Husalah. RobLo produced all tracks on the album. Y.S Yesir also appeared on the Jacka’s album (Jacka of the Mob Figaz) on a track with Queens Bridge’s Cormega and appeared in videos like “Hey Girl”.

In 2004 Y.S. Yesir relocated to Seattle, Washington where he begun opening shows for notorious artists such as The Clispe, Petey Pablo, and Lil’ Scrappy and many other locals as well.

Beginning in 2006, Y.S. Yesir resided back to his home in the bay area, where he sought to seek full custody of his two daughters that was later granted in mid 2007. Now he is currently still a single parent while also focusing on turning his hard work into blessings.

In 2008, Y.S. Yesir released his mixtape vol-1 a 16-track cd “Back Again Street Appetizer” which was hosted by Hunid Racks out of San Francisco and presented by his own label Family and that’s all music group (F.A.T.A).

In 2009, Y.S. Yesir collaborated with Mr. Sef of Go Get It Records where they both began consulting business together.

At the start of 2010, Y.S. Yesir released vol-2 of his mixtape titled “Da Hood Suppa” hosted by DJ Slowpoke. With productions within his company, artists of (F.A.T.A) and other bay area locals such as Nio the Gift, Dubb 20 etc. Ninety percent of the beats on this mixtape were original. Timeless Inc, Mob Shop Ent, Hunid Racks, and ProSoundFoam.com sponsored the Mixtape vol-2. Y.S. Yesir will be opening a show for Mike Jones in Marysville, Washington on May 15 2010.

Debut of his new album “Long Overdue:EP” is yet to be released including features of top hot bay area artist like The Jacka, and Rydah J. Klyde of The Mob Figaz, Laroo THH, Matt Blaque, Nutt-So, Yung Lott, Lee Majors, Krypto, Eddi Projex, Even Odds, and Damey of The Diligentz. Now this album currently being distributed by Push Distribution Company and will join them on tour.


So....Let's talk music

Q: Where did your stage name YS (YeSir) come from? What is the Meaning behind it?

YS: My real name is Shawn. When I was twelve years old my peers called me Y.S and it stood for Young Shawn. Now that I'm grown it stands for Yesir.

Q: Being a rap artist from the Bay area do you feel you have a lot of pressure on you to shine over the other artist?

YS: My music speaks for itself , my sound is unique I'm a true artist so its definitely going to wake they game up for anybody who's not bringing any heat so no I don't feel any pressure.

Q: How long have you had this passion to do music? Do you remember what your first rap was about?

YS: All my life because I grew up in a church foundation so music was sealed inside me at a young age. I wrote my first rap when I was twelve. My name is Shawn, I'm number one, and the name of my game is having some fun. lol"

Q: At this moment in music we have a lot of new artist in the game, who have you been listening to lately?

YS: "Myself" lol The Jacka, Jay-z, Lil Wayne, Laroo, E-40.

Q: I was listing to your music and I realize you have real dope delivery, How would you discribe your sound?

YS: Original. The Bay Area mix with southern swagg.

Q: What is next for YS, any shows, mixtapes, or albums dropping soon?

YS: I'm opening up for Mike Jones May 15, in Marysville Washington. Long Overdue the E.P dropping this coming summer. Featuring hot top Bay Area artists. Just joined Push Distribution company and soon will be goin on tour. GGI and F.A.T.A is executive producers for the Long Overdue E.P.

www.blackhollywoodblog.blogspot.com

www.Twitter.com/ysyesir

www.Myspace.com/ysyesir

www.Youtube.com/ys.yesir

No comments:

Post a Comment