Thursday, August 5, 2010

Interview with Erk Tha Jerk


SoLet’s Talk Music



Q: As a Rapper what made you choose a Mid Tempo song like “Right Here” as your first single to introduce yourself to the world?


Erk: I didn't choose it. I put it up on the web to create a buzz and I guess it did the job. It was more of a joke than a single.



Q: What separates you from the other Bay Area Rap artists that are on the come up?


Erk: I think my sense of humor makes me different as an artist. I'm not afraid to be myself, win or loose. I feel a lot of artist from here feel as If they have to be a certain thing in order to be excepted by their peers. I've always been against the "banwagon"


Q: Now taking it back, what was the meaning behind your Single “I’m So Dumb”, what was the motivation behind it?


Erk: The meaning was to shed some light on the other side of bay music. We all didn't shake/or have dreadlocks at that time. So to me the music got so out of hand, people outside our region didn't take us serious. And I take it very serious. So then I make a joking song about it Lol (and yes I laughed out loud via interview)


Q: How was it working with two of Bay Area’s Legends Richie Rich and B-Legit on the “Doe Remix”?


Erk: It was a great experience. They both are definently legends and being around them humbled me a lot


Q: What’s next for Erk any new Hot singles dropping soon, or shows coming up?


ERK: "right here" video on mtv jams. "right here" the ep on itunes now. Got the album "nerds eye view" coming nov. The single "wetter" is also going to drop with the video soon. Street album "the prelude" dropping this month. Video "summer" out onerkthajerk.com. Directed by me. Londons video "action"

Directed by me lol. We workin.



Watch Erk's New Video Trailer for Single "Summer" Off of his Upcoming Album "Nerd's Eye View"

1 comment:

  1. nice, simple and to the point! Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete