Saturday, August 7, 2010

Interview With HBK of C U Next Weekend!



So...Let's Talk Music

Being the lead voice of C U Next Weekend do you find that it is a lot of pressure on you before shows or during the shows?

HBK: There's mos def a lot of pressure placed on me, if there's a off beat I still got to stay on beat, if there's a technical difficulty with an instrument I have to keep the crowd into the show until it gets fixed. But I'm a gamer so I love it!

Do you fund It difficult at times Working with a band then just a track?

HBK: For sure it's more difficult working with a band, we have six members that's six different backgrounds, lifestyles etc in one room there's going to be some struggle but the end result is so amazing, so in a weird way it works.

Who would you say are your top 5 favorite artist and which one would you love to work with the most?

HBK: Top 5 artist are (in no particular order) Paul McCartney, El DeBarge, Billie Joe Armstrong of greenday, Stevie Wonder and Andre 3000... I'd love to work most with Stevie Wonder he's a musical genius we'll never see another talent such as his in this lifetime for sure.

Where do you see C U Next Weekend in the near future, What do you plan to get out of all of this?

HBK: In the near future C U Next Weekend will be on tour, and spreading love through music which is simply what we set out to do, when creating music I view it as a present I plan to share with the world. If I can touch one person during my career in music my goal would be accomplished. This world can be a crazy place and I like to shed some positive light on it through SOUND!

I know a lot of people may ask, but What Inspired your style? it stands out and in a good way.

HBK: lol, I get asked style questions a lot, but I like this question. My style is inspired by the history of me and the city I'm from Berkeley, the shows I watched coming up, toys I've collected etc. I'm not into the Gucci, Polo, Louie V stuff, I don't knock it it's just not me. I like finding that retro item that there's only 1 left of in the world and rock it. My best clothing finds have been at the Thrift store, when it comes to style I'm the 2010 Jim Morrison (the doors).

What is Next for CUNW, any upcoming shows or Events?

Next on the menu for CUNextWeekEnd is album album album, we've got some big things in the works we just signed to Chuck D. (public enemy) label slam jam and other exciting things you can track our progress via Cunextweekend.com in the meantime you can curb your Hbk appetite with my solo project "the other Half of Marty Jannetty" available on iTunes and Zon26.com!!!! By the way Sara u rock.

Check them out at these Links below!
http://www.zon26.com/member/detail.aspx?id=76
http://www.zon26.com/member/detail.aspx?id=24
http://tinyurl.com/26zv9fp
http://tinyurl.com/2fkw49o

Also Check out C U Next Weekend's "Comic Book" Music Video

No comments:

Post a Comment