Friday, September 3, 2010

Exclusive Interview With R&B Singer Netta Brielle




So...Let's Talk Music


Q: How and when did Netta B. come into form? How long have you been recording and performing as an artist?

Netta B: I claimed the name "Netta B" when I was just 5 years old. In fact I got in trouble by my mother for tagging it on my bedroom wall lol. I started off acting, rapping, and writing poerty which over time formed into what I like to call myself; a performing artist. My mother was extremely supportive of my big dreams, she did her best to get me involved in every piece of the arts. I began doing plays, talent shows, and taking dance classes all in perperation for the career path I had chosen.

Q: If you could describe your sound and look in two words what would they be and why?

Netta B: I chose the word "electric" because I like to think my music has high feel good energy, that moves through the body touching the soul. My upcoming single "Tell me whats wrong" is a great definition of that. I also picked the word "Rebel" because when it comes to my music I have a rebel mentallity, meaning Im going to do the type of music that is true to me, despite what anyone says. I live my entire life in that way.

Q: Is it harder to get recognition as a female R&B singer out of the bay area when you’re surrounded by Rap artists?

Netta B: Honestly it's easier to get recognized as and a female R&B/Pop Artist here in the Bay Area, because their arent very many of us. I am definately surrounded by a lot of rappers but it has been real blessing because I have learned so much from them. Ive understood how to push myself as an indie artist and create my own buzz by simply going hard, much of this I learned from artist like The Jacka, Big Rich, Erk Tha Jerk, and more.

Q: Now I’ve seen you perform and you really put on an awesome show, do you enjoy performing the most as an artist, and what gets you motivated before shows?

Netta B: Thank you! I LOVE performing! Its my high, my release, I like to believe the stage is my home. Im not afriad to sweat and I am very serious about giving my all. "I leave my heart on the stage" is a line from my song "Glamorous Lifestyle" the stage is my favorite place to be on earth. When Im performing I get to introduce every part of who Netta Brielle is, the happiness, pain, love, excitement, etc. My dream is headline my own show at the colusem (Oracle Arena) someday. I put that thought out into the universe daily lol.

Q: What is next for Netta B. and where can we keep up with you and your journey through this music industry?

Netta B: What is Next for Netta B? I plan to take my show on the rode, outside of the Bay. Ive learned so much here I believe Im ready get out into the world with my music.


http://www.facebook.com/nettabmusic
https://twitter.com/NettaBrielle


No comments:

Post a Comment