Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Way Back Wednesdays! (Part 1)



Quick Snippet of Interview with Grandmaster Flash by: Davey D

Davey D: For people who aren't familiar, tell us what was Grandmaster Flash's legacy in Hip Hop? What were you best known for within the early days of Hip Hop?

GM Flash: As an individual I was known as the DJ or the mixer. I was known for taking a particular passage of music and rearranging it. I called it the quick mix theory. It consisted of backspinning, the double back, cutting and scratching. I was also the first DJ to be known for doing acrobatics on the turntables. I would do 360 turns, cutting with my elbows, my mouth and crazy stuff like that

To read the whole interview Visit http://www.daveyd.com/interviewgmflashchronicle.html

No comments:

Post a Comment